Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

August winners and September inspiration ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal and the announcement of our August winners.


We'd also like to thank our sponsors for August -  Time to Create and Mystical Scrapbooks. 

Time To Create is a family business. We share a passion to create, share and develop the best that we imagine!  We only stock products that we use and believe in. Our stock is always priced at the keenest costing we can do. We support Australian manufacturers and many Australian suppliers and try to have as wide a variety as possible.



At Mystical Scrapbooks we aim to make your shopping experience enjoyable & fun! Our products cover all your scrapbooking needs.  


Some more lovely entries last month - thank you for playing along with us everyone.

Our winners are ...

 Chris Sexton who has won a store voucher from Time to Create.


Evelyn Walter who has won a lovely prize pack from Mystical Scrapbooks.


and our random draw prize (courtesy of DT member Deb Kupfer) goes to Maria.



Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me at jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details.  Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar. 


Our Creative Team favourite this month is Lesley who will receive a little something from me.



And now some gorgeous inspiration from our remaining design team using this gorgeous piece by Dominque Falla with the added criteria of twine or string.

.   

We welcome another member to our team this month, Mary Bennetts.  Mary does the most beautiful work so I am sure you will be truly delighted with her layouts.   Please see her blog for more lovely inspiration.



As soon as I saw the challenge was to use string and I saw the word relax , it took me straight back to lying in the hammock at Navutu Island Fiji. Each Bure had it's own hammock and it was heaven laying in it surrounded by lush palm trees and vines and a view to the ocean. I have added white string to represent the strings on the hammock and the word relax. It was total Bliss

WENDY

This piece of artwork with its "Relax and Unwind" theme made me think of holidays because that's the time when I truly relax. So I went searching for a holiday snap to scrap and I ended up using a family holiday snap taken at Monterey Bay a couple of years ago. I often use string or baker's twine on my layouts so this time I decided to use twine in a different way. This I did by including the twine on a tag.  I then used that tag on my layout - the very first tag I've ever made.

DI

With my layout this month I was inspired  by the inspiration image, to go retro and reproduce the '70's string and nail designs on paper. The photos I chose certainly drove the design I made... a cobweb, using metallic yarn.



I loved the colours of the art piece this month, soft yet vibrant and I wanted a page that reflected a relax and unwind moment. Then I found the photos of us going on holiday, we hadn't quite got to that part yet but it didn't take long. I have only used a small amount of twine but reflected the lines with my stamps


STINA


I love to use twine on my projects, they are so useful. Here I´ve used it on the tag and also made a bow out of it. I love the text on the artwork, relax and unwind, and I decided to make them determine the sense of the layout. So I made it in harmonic and peaceful colours.


JANE

I adored the soft muted feel of the inspiration piece and the classic combination of colours.

Now it is your turn - we'd love to see what you can do with some string.

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge although you are most welcome to combine with a sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.
  

Next week we will be introducing you to our wonderful September guest designer, Adele Beck.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations girls....your winning entries are all amazing:):) Enjoy your prizes....loved the latest inspiration....it's amazing how different interpretations can come from one art piece:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so looking forward to working with this fabulous team and Miss Lizzy !
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, ladies .....beautiful work and a big welcome to the team, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I´ve been so busy the last days, that I didn´t see these great news!!! Thank you sooo much!!!! You made my week :)

    ReplyDelete