Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

Our second March reveal ...

And yet again mid month rolls on through and it is time once again to reveal more wonderful inspiration from our design team using this quirky artwork by by Barbara Hanrahan called The Dog, the Cat.  The criteria is to add a quote or saying to your work.



JANE 
I was inspired by the colours in the artwork and the amusing character of the animals and used a cute photo of my son from younger years.  I've used a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt "Happiness isn't a goal, it's a by product", which I thought appropriate for photographs of little children being silly.

STINA


This month I chose to do two tags with some quotes on. Perfect to have in stock whenever you need it. I decorated with some chipboards and flowers.

MARY

I took my inspiration from the colours and patterns. I created my background with paints and also used a stencil here and there for the pattern.

The quote I used "You make me Happy when skies are grey " seemed appropriate for this photo. It was my birthday and it was also the day my Mum had to go into a nursing home. It was a very hard and sad period of my life. When I was looking for a photo for the challenge and came across the photo's of my birthday I hated them all of me. They say the eyes are the windows to our soul and in every photo my eyes look tired, hollow and sad. But then I saw this one of me looking at my Grandson and smiling. My Grand children are my comfort and sunshine when skies are grey.

TONE-LILL
I love this super cool inspiration picture in March and it was the colours and patterns that inspired me. I used a photo of the kids, taken at Lizard Point (as far south as you can get in England( GB) in Spring  holiday and it was pouring down with rain that day and that's why I chose this saying. 

DI
"At sunset nature is painting for us... day after day... infinite beauty." John Ruskin, is the quote I have chosen to use for this challenge. The sunset photos I've chosen have some of the colours from our inspirational artwork as well as unusual stripes and striations. This  feature, also picked up from our image, has been extended onto the black background with the addition of stencilling and swipes of colour using texture pastes, sprays and dimensional pearls. Additionally, I have used sprayed and torn tissue paper, again using the colours shown on the artwork.
I was inspired by the quote idea and used my favourite quote. Not having to pair it with a photo was a little different for me and I enjoyed using just the elements with the focus being the quote.

I was inspired by the quote idea and used my favourite quote. Not having to pair it with a photo was a little different for me and I enjoyed using just the elements with the focus being the quote.


Now it is your turn, we'd love to see what you can do ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge and you are most welcome to combine with a maximum of two additional challenges.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize purely chosen by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

      Please pop back on the 22nd for our lovely guest designer this month, Karen McLaughlin


1 comment: