Pages

Monday 15 June 2015

Our June mid month reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.   We are working with this fun and quirky painting by Luka Va called "Bird King". 

CRITERIA is wood veneer and/or birds.

TONE-LILL

What do you think about our challenge picture this month? For me it is" how can you not be inspired by this?" such a fun and delightful piece of Art. It was of course the birds and the wood that inspired me, and this time to make a tag with space for a sentiment. I used birchbark and wood-veneer harts and paper with birds + a chipboard swallow
I hope you will join in with our challenge :)

WENDY
I wanted to create a fun, quirky layout to reflect my interpretation of “The Bird King”. I think the artwork is very cute and sweet and that’s what I wanted for my page. I used a sweet baby photo of my youngest son and created the layout with cute, quirky elements. I used a bird and wood veneer embellishments.

MARY
I chose to do my layout on this boy that we saw on our recent holiday on the Isle of Skye Scotland.He was not shy in strutting his stuff for us.

LESLEY
My background is a wooden theme paper and as soon as I saw it I wanted to scrap these lovely photos of strawberry collecting! I added some small wooden birds as there were lots of birds around collecting strawberries too!

DI
This month I have used some of the colours in the inspiration art piece to stamp a quirky edge for my page. To the background I've added cut and broken pieces of wood veneer samples to frame my two unusual photos. These were markings on a tree that caught my fancy and imagination. I know what I see, but I wonder what you see. I've also added wood veneer leaves, wooden birds and mushrooms. 

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see what you can do ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge and you are most welcome to combine with a maximum of two additional challenges.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize purely chosen by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our June guest designer, Anna Uhras.

1 comment: