Pages

Saturday 15 July 2017

Our July mid month reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.

This month we feature this delightful artwork by from Robert Klippel called Abstract.  Our criteria this month is a very simple one - use pen on your page in some manner - easy right?

CRITERIA - Use PEN on your work

And some lovely inspiration from our second team ...


KAREN
Lots of pen work and I have done a little tutorial for you all on my BLOG.

KAT
For this challenge I made a card featuring some fun patterned paper that matches the combination of watercolours and pen lines and multiple direction in the artwork. I added extra pen work to the handmade rosette, the envelope and on the inside of the card.

TONE
 I have used a pen around every paper and round the stars. At this age Daniel used an eyepad ... that's why his eye does not show.

ANGELIKA
I was inspired by the look of colour on black lines so I used that technique to make the teacups by watercolouring over pen. I also liked the combination of golden yellow, pink and blue/green, so I made sure to use those colours.

EVELYN
I was inspired by the straight lines and the geometric mood of the picture. I used a photo from the 18th birthday of my daughter she celebrated at the end of June. Her biggest surprise was to get her own little car! She was so happy! I used a square stencil and surrounded some of the squares with a red pen and did some doodling in there too.

KRIPA
I've used the colours in the painting and for the pen work, outlined the pattern paper and the title with black pen. I'm very inspired by the stunning CAS layouts that Anna Uhras makes and tried to make a CAS layout. Quite obviously, I miserably failed CAS and reverted back to my usual minus extreme messy!  I also have a video tutorial up on my BLOG.

JANE
To me it was all about using the colours from the painting to create my page.  I then used black pen to outline the base paper and all the individual pieces and also used a stencil to add some extra embellishment to my page.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation. You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

1 comment: