Pages

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Welcome to our August guest ...

Please welcome our delightful guest designer this month, Jodie King with her wonderful take on our challenge for August.





I really love the inspiration artwork this month by Joshua Miels.    Even though it has a definite mixed media feel to it, I’ve interpreted this into my clean style by including lots of layers.  The challenge this month is black and white plus one, and I’ve followed the artwork closely by using blue.  A monochromatic layout isn’t something you usually see in project life spreads, and I was lucky this week that my photos worked with this colour palette really well.  I’ve also interpreted the visual string elements in the inspiration piece to include stitching and some twine in my layout.

Hi, I’m Jodie King and I live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland.  Our kids have grown up and left home in the past couple of years, but we see them as often as we can.  I’ve been paper crafting in various forms for around nine years, starting with card making and moving into 12x12 layouts and project life, and more recently into planners and travellers notebooks.  My current favourite format and “must do” each week is my 6x8 project life album, I adore all the little stories and memories that PL allows you to record before they fade with time.



Here are a few more examples of my project life spreads ...




Remember ....

You still have plenty of time until the end of the month to upload your own take on this challenge.  All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our inspiration this month.



No comments:

Post a Comment