Pages

Saturday 24 October 2009

We have a great card entry from.........

Jessica Germaine - On Another Starry Night

This is what Jessica had to say..........
I'm in the process of making my Christmas cards, so
when I saw the
painting, it made me think of
another 'starry' night.
The words at the top say:
On another starry night.... "When they saw
the
star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy."
Matthew 2:10
I used my cricut almost exculsively
for this one. I used cuts from
Winter Woodlands for
the church, houses and the trees. and from Joys
of
the Season for the stars(tiny snowflakes.) The moon
is a simple
circle. I popped up the moon, and the
trees (after putting glitter glue on them), and
I
cut 4 or 5 of the larger 'stars' and just layered
them on top of
each other. I have colored all over
the front with the clear Spica
pen, so there is a
shimmery effect all over the card.

I hope you like it.

Hi Jessica! What a lovely Christmas card using Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' as
your theme. I love the cuts you used from the 'Winter Woodlands set, and love the
glittery trees. Actually, this has given me an idea for some Christmas cards
aswell. Well done!! and thanks for participating :) - Shazza

Entries for Octobers Challenge will close on Thursday 29th October
at midnight SHARP!

3 comments:

  1. omg what a great idea jessica, love the card and suits the van gogh theme perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card... love the way the houses are in amongst the trees! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card. I love the snowy 'village' look. Great interpretation from the artwork Jessica.

    :)

    ReplyDelete