Pages

Monday 30 November 2009

Another Submission, this time from.........

Michelle Winston - She's a Lady

When I heard that we were doing Vermeer, and his painting “The Head Of A Girl” (also known as The Girl With The Pearl Earring) I was a bit worried.
Add in criteria of a single portrait type photo, and an earring somewhere on the page, and I was REALLY worried !
But, as it turns out, some rather fabulous photos from a recent retreat were a perfect match for the challenge !
She’s A Lady is inspired by the positioning in the painting...a turned head, and a glimpse of the earring. It is also greatly inspired by the 70’s !
Who would have thought Vermeer of the 1600’s, and the era of the 1970’s could coexist on a scrapbook page ? Not me...but here it is.
I hope you like it as much as I do.

Cheers,
Michelle W

Michelle, I just love this, love that photo and that gorgeous huge earring, just perfect!! Love the pp you have used and the rub on looks great against those colors. Sonia will love this :) Fantastic take on our challenge. I'm sure it will inspire our Followers to have a go at the challenge! - Shazza

7 comments:

  1. Lovely work Michelle! Great photo and those butterflies at the bottom of the page are just divine! Aren't retreats an absolute hoot!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love all of this, just brilliant, and i sooo love the title

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous!!!!what fun page!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle... this is gorgeous! I love the photo too, every inch of this layout is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle....and yes I love the page....and the fun memories it triggers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feel...i thought its so fun and your smile caught me.

    ReplyDelete