Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Another great inspirational piece.....

Sarah Cooper - Far Far Away


I drew inspiration from the rich, royal colors in this painting...
I scraped some pictures from the Live Jousts we watch every year at the Osgood Medieval Festival.
This man, playing Sir Eric or Ireland that year, is one of our favorite Jousters. Canadian (yeah!!!!) and always a Fan Favorite because he is also a very talented speaker, able to engage the crowds and promote audience participation.
Paper is DCWV Happily Ever After; as are the Epoxy stickers (mini blue corner dragons, shield, purple Celtic dragon and Knight on horseback), Crown Ribbon and the Knight & Shining Armor Rub-on (enhanced with 2 teal crystals).
The Stable is a photo of a medieval stable (located in France) printed on photo paper and cut out. I rubbed some blue chalk behind the image to bring it out a bit.
Swirly stamps in burgundy are Fancy Pants.
Key and Key hole are 7 Gypsies.
The Gold embossed Wings (Wing It) and Angel (Renaissance Angels) are Stampin'Up!, colored with chalks and a wet pen.

Hey Sarah!
I love that you try and come up with something a bit different. this looks like it was so much fun on the day :) Great photos too. I love how you try all little techniques like chalking, stamping etc... Well done!! - Cheers shazza

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Sarah, what a beautiful LO! I love your royal color choices and your great pictures!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful page Sarah! I love the colours and the midieval look to it. That angel is adorable and I really like the chalking behind the stable image. Great submission!!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really do love this. I love all things medieval. I've seen some jousting too. The whole thing appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool page great colors and details

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thi is fantastic, I love the medieval layouts you do, and wow the techniques you have used rock, you are very clever. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stately Sarah..a knight & castle..very regal. A tremendous page, love how you have put it all together - brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic layout... to see a joust in real life would be an amazing experience! This is such a clever take on the challenge! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really unique and creative page! I feel as if transported there! Fantastic different elements! Lovely work :)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what an interesting approach to this challenge. You have crafted a beautiful page Sarah. That much be so much fun to watch!!

    Shelee xx

    ReplyDelete