Pages

Monday 1 October 2012

Our October inspiration ...

will come to you from mixed media artist, Liza Posar and is hosted by our creative team member, Chantelle.

Criteria - handmade flowers
 
 
 
A little about Liza Posar.
 
Liza was born in Melbourne in 1960 and studied Fashion/Textiles at Strathfield School of Textiles, Sydney 1984-87, and for a number of years worked in the fashion industry. She then started exploring different mediums and found that it gave her the freedom to express herself on canvas using a visual language that brings together drawn images of fantasy, reality, collaged images and the written word. When creating she uses watercolours, acrylics, fabric, chalks, inks, oils, markers, decorative paper, stickers, glitter and found objects and many more. Her funky, shabby artwork is based on everything that inspires her everyday: people, nature and life. Liza's work has been published in various Australian papercraft magazines and has exhibited in a number of exhibitions.


 

And now some wonderful inspiration from our talented ceative team.
 
 
Please see Chantelle's step-by-step tutorial on how she put this amazing canvas together HERE.
 
  
 
If you would like to see how Sarah made these delight flowers please view her tutorial ...
 
 
... the handmade flowers are easy peasy, basically just layer a dyed doily with paper flowers and add a blingy centre and voila ,a gorgeous flower.
 

 
... My handmade flowers are doodled and covered with paint.
 
 
 
 
I have used a Prima Mixed Media canvas album.

I gesseod my album, then glimmermisted with two colours, drying between each layer as I wanted a soft muted effect. Then I added some colour sprinkles for a touch of extra pink.
 
I certainly had fun adding my embellishments, including my handmade flowers. I watched the tutorial below, and this technique is what my flowers are based on. 
 

I had purchased a scrap of lovely fabric long ago, but I actually don’t know what it is…slightly heavier that chiffon, but still flowy & soft, and using the heat gun on this was so easy. The edges of the fabric melted so quickly, using my trusty pliers made things easier. I have added a photo of the goodies I used as well. I stitched only 2 or 3 layers together, as they were gloriously curled& looking lovely!
 
Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by midnight on October 31st, 2012. We'd love to see your paper, digital, card and off the page submissions but please remember we appreciate original entries (you may combine with a sketch).
 
Happy scrapping!
 


4 comments:

  1. I am so very impressed - what a gorgeous array of artworks & fab tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super inspiration and super entries so far!!! I have been away so won't have time this month to enter....but good luck everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..


    สูตรบาคาร่า
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete