Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

July 3T's ...

Welcome to our July round of ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques where each month one of our creative team will show you are few quick tips and/or techniques to use on your layouts.  This month we feature team member Maja Stokk and her gorgeous layout from this month.


Hi,  Maja here today =). It´s my turn to inspire you ARTastic readers. First I thought about showing a special technique, but decided to show you step by step how I made my inspiration layout for the July challenge. 


Hope you want to join me through my pictures =) So lets begin!



I guess I might be a bit odd, but I start with the flowers. So I chose my flowers, my pic and then some pp to go with this month challenge. Then I added the mediums I wanted to use and last a couple of stencils to go with the mediums.


I start with the background. Use my stencils and two different colors of Gelatos. I smear out the Gelatos with some water. I use my fingers for that work ;). When it´s done and it has dried I take some Shimmeriz texture paint and use it with one of my stencils. Let it dry! or use a heater =) then I used some black India ink and Distress Ink in the color Barn Door. I just let some ink drop in the page here and there and then use a straw and blow on the wet ink. 


Now it´s time to use some stamps. For this layout I took my circle stitched stamps from Prima. I stamped so that the circles went from one side to the other on the background paper. Then I started to distress my paper edges and went over the edges with some Distress Ink in the color Barn Door.



When I have come this far it´s time to let the real fun  begin =). I put everything, papers, photo and embellishment on the background paper, without glueing it down, to see that my design works. This process can take a while, any of you that are like me, moving things around on the page like forever! But this was the way I chose to put my embellishment and papers.... and realised that the bottom right corner looked empty, so I had to use my Gelatos, stencils and Inks a little more. The last thing I did was to write my journaling on paper stripes and put it on the page.

And this is how the page turned out!




I love this page Maja - so vibrant and colourful.

Don't forget this month's challenge - details are in the left sidebar.  Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.

5 comments:

  1. Love this page--- gelatos sure do make brill pops of colour!!! And the step by step is FAB!!!! Thanks for sharing:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant step by step Maja, your bg looks amazing, so does the finished LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting to see what our starting points are Maja! Enjoyed your tutorial for a lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your page. You have created a fabulous background. Great step by step.

    ReplyDelete