Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

July winners and more August inspiration ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal and the announcement of our July winners.

A hearty thank you to Debbi Tehrani for welcoming us at CSI last month.  We all had an awesome time creating up a storm for her challenges.

We'd also like to thank our sponsors for July, Flourish with a Bling  and  Time to Create

Time To Create is a family business. We share a passion to create, share and develop the best that we imagine!  We only stock products that we use and believe in. Our stock is always priced at the keenest costing we can do. We support Australian manufacturers and many Australian suppliers and try to have as wide a variety as possible.

Gorgeous bling, flowers and flourishes for your crafting needs.


We had some truly wonderful entries last month - thank you everyone for playing along with us.

Our TOP winners are ...

Shazza Bishop who has won a store voucher from Time to Create.



Rosa Daporta who has won a store voucher from Flourish with a Bling

Email entry

and our random draw prize (courtesy of past DT member Maja Stokk)  goes to Alli D.
 
                     
Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me at jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details.  Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar. 


Our Creative Team favourite this month is Tone-Lill who will receive a little something from me.



And now some final inspiration from our remaining design team.   DT Aubrie Wancata leaves us this month.  We wish you well Aubrie and hope you will pop back and join in with us when you have some spare time.

WENDY

Instead of a photo, I used a postcard I bought from the National Gallery when I went to Canberra last month. I love John Brack’s art and I thought the subject of this piece suited the “fabric” theme perfectly. I often use fabric flowers and ribbons but this time I wanted to do something different.  So, in keeping with the Brack’s artwork, I did my layout in an ultra-masculine style. I kept to fairly clean lines and layered lots of mats under the picture.  I made the shirt by paper folding and the tie with fabric. I used the embellishments  (pins, threads and scissors) because  they are the items used with fabric. I enjoyed combining the art and fabric themes.
Criteria for this months challenge is to use fabric and the inspiration picture shows an old caravan, so it made me think of the old long boat at Stoke Bruerner museum where you can come along for a boat trip up Grand Union Canal to the Blisworth tunnel. So with a photo of the kids in the boat and some material from a pair of old jeans, I had what I needed to start. So if you have some old or new fabric, be creative and join in with our challenge :)
 I loved the simplicity of this painting, just having three main colours. It was that and the flowers that inspired my layout today. I have always wanted to try and make my own flowers so off I went to Pinterest and I must say I am very happy with the end result! Add some banners, stamping and bling, I love it. I hope you do too!
 
I love the colour combination in this painting and I was inspired by this when I did my layout. I have decorated with some fabric flowers, bling and chipboard.
I'm in love AGAIN! With my sewing machine that is! She has been packed away and unpacked so many times this year I had almost forgotten how wonderful Miss 1437CD is!
Check out my blog and you will understand!

I've used two strips of ribbon and felt flowers on my page.


Now we'd love to see your interpretations of our inspiration this month.  Please don't be put off by our criteria this month - "fabric" can be as simple as adding ribbon, lace, fabric flowers or even a yoyo or two to your page.

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge although you are most welcome to combine with a sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.
  

Next week we will be introducing you to our lovely August guest designer, Drea Slee.
 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Shazza, Rosa & Alli - fabulous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the July winners. Wonderful work ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners :) and a big thank you to the CT members :)

    ReplyDelete