Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Hello March ...

Welcome to another wonderful month on ARTastic.  This time we are inspiring you with a really quirky artwork by Mia Taninaka called Oh The Wise One.  I am sure you will love this as much as I do.

CRITERIA - Wood Veneer

A little about Mia Taninaka  - The little girl who once painted a forest all over her bedroom walls has grown up to be a wizard of fine line and expansive colour. Sydney born, Mia now lives and creates in the calm and elemental Bali. Painting predominantly with acrylics, watercolour and ink, Mia currently exhibits throughout Australia and Asia, always looking to expand her horizons. She likes to draw and paint on found wooden objects and panels, creating stunning colourful imaginative works inspired by her Japanese heritage and Australian roots.


And now some inspiration from the first of our team ...

MARIA
Tree and owl in the artwork looks very mysterious but fun! My page shows my happy girl. Multilayer layout of printed paper, wood branches and apples.ile emoticon

ELAINE
 I went with the natural look, using bark looking background, natural twine, flowers and of course an owl smile emoticon I used the colours in the inspiration piece for my page. For my wood veneer, I used a wooden bunting which I also stamped on and a wooden flower in my flower cluster.

SUE
I was inspired by the owl and tree. My wood veneer is the owl and the word 'family'.

AN'JENIC

HELENE
I used a wood veneer that I broke into four pieces behind the photo. It is colored with a glitter acrylic paint in silver. I also used some wood veneer Arrows to highlight the photo.

LIZZY
Inspiration: 'neutral' background, like the art picture, used the colours - with a touch of pink/yellow & popped on a few birds, too!

TRACEY
This has got to be the quickest page I have put together in a long time - a super fast 15 mins. I got my wood veneer accents out and kept it simple.


Over to you ......

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on March 31st, 2016.  We'd love to see your new paper, digital, mixed media or off the page entries. Why not try doing a pocket page spread?  Please no back-dated submissions.  

 Please note:- You may combine our challenge with a sketch challenge only - no other combining will be accepted.  Please include our inspirational picture and challenge details on your blog post as well as provide a link back to us at ARTastic  ... and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired by our challenge.  You may enter more than once in any month as long as each submission is with a different creation.  International entries are very welcome. 


Please call past on the 8th for our announcement of the February winners and our ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques for March. 

4 comments:

  1. Another great inspiration piece... that owl is too cute... but I'm thinking he may be intoxicated, LOL! I may go w/ that idea when/if I create a layout... if time permits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful inspiration girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping to join in this month...great challenge Jane

    ReplyDelete