Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2022

Welcome to June ...

   Our second Cyber Crop will be held on 10/11/12 June with a week to get your entries in to us. We will host three fun challenges, games and have some wonderful prizes for you! So hope you can come join in with us!!

Welcome to our June challenge and I think you will really like our ART room this month - so many ways to interpret this one.  From vintage to travel to black and white photos to fashion to music and movies - the ideas are almost endless.

This year we are making some changes to our challenges which I hope you will all enjoy. During 2022 our inspiration is coming to you from ART ROOMS (aka store window displays). Just bear in mind that these are actual window displays, mostly behind glass, so the images may not be as clear and crisp as our previous artwork images.

How you interpret these arty displays is totally up to you but please let us know what inspired you from our monthly art room – it may be the colours, or the overall style or perhaps there is a specific item you see that you can replicate on your page.  Maybe you like a background pattern or a shape in the display or want to use photos that match the theme.  We’d love to hear what jumped out at you!

And now some inspiration from our team ...

(in no particular order)

Karen Guy (Australia)
I took my inspiration from the Fashion, it reminded of this showing we had seen in the NGV I loved, I have added a few little inspiration pieces from the window display!

Karen Brierley - (Australia)
I noticed the guitar in the window straight away, and I was inspired to scrap this music-themed page with a female performer.

Sharon Bishop - (Australia)
ROCK N ROLL BALLERINA

I took my inspiration from the Guitar and the portrait style photos of the iconic movie sirens.

I did my page on Suzi Quattro, as she is my all time rock n roll favourite musician. I added a guitar and a head shot of her.

I called my page Rock n Roll Ballerina because when Suzi strums her guitar she often raises her hand above her head like a ballerina pose!

Dale Tiernan - (Australia)
These photos reminded me of the screen in the middle of the scene. I've used black, cream and gold and a nod to dressing up/fashion. I've also added a frame to one pic.

Jane Howden - (Australia)
The first thing I noticed from this ART room were the fur coats and fashion hair and hats. I knew I had a vintage photo of my Aunty wearing both ... and a layout was born.

Our monthly prize winner is selected by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, you just have to be in it to win it!

June prize

 Please upload your entries directly to the monthly album in our Facebook public group (ARTastic challenges) by midnight on the last day of the month - please remember we are an Australian based challenge so do check your day and time.  All entries must be new for this challenge and the original work of the entrant.  You may combine entries with a sketch challenge only. 

We hope you might find time to play along with our new style challenge.

1 comment: