Pages

Thursday 1 September 2022

Welcome to September ...

Welcome to our September challenge and our new ART room this month. Do you love the colours, love the shapes, like the pleating in the background curtains or perhaps inspired by something to do with fashion?

How you interpret these arty displays is totally up to you but please let us know what inspired you from our monthly art room – we’d love to hear what jumped out at you!


And now some inspiration from our team ...

(in no particular order)

Karen Guy (Australia)
I was inspired by the colours and the significance of three models!

Karen Brierley - (Australia)

I took my inspiration from the fashion theme and the pink pleated curtain. I made my own soft-pleated background with a paper napkin.

Dale Tiernan - (Australia)
I've used the colours of the booths, aqua, bright pink and yellow. There are ladies dressed in colourful outfits. I've zentangled in a rectangular shape in bright colours.

Sharon Bishop - (Australia)
I took my inspiration from the large red rectangle in the centre of the page. I added a topper to the top of my rectangle and also the bottom. I used burlap pp, similar to the woven piece in the background of the lge red rectangle. And finished off with a floral display of blue and yellow taken from the colours of the other rectangles.

Jane Howden - (Australia)
I was inspired by the colours (obviously) and the large rectangles and replicated them on a pink background much like the ARTroom.  Bonus I had these photos in a similar colourway of a visit to a local art gallery.

Our monthly prize winner is selected by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, you just have to be in it to win it!

September prize
donated by Karen Guy

 Please upload your entries directly to the monthly album in our Facebook public group (ARTastic challenges) by midnight on the last day of the month - please remember we are an Australian based challenge so do check your day and time.  All entries must be new for this challenge and the original work of the entrant.  You may combine entries with a sketch challenge only. 

We hope you might find time to play along with our challenge this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment