Pages

Sunday 3 January 2010

Our Guest DTmember for January is the lovely Ali Coles from 'From Screen 2 Scrap'

Ali Coles



Hi my name is Ali, I am a 41yr old single mum to two beautiful girls Gemma (19) and Zoe (14) I started as a cardmaker about 10yrs ago when my mum got a job in a craft shop! I used to keep all my craft stuff in a shoe box! Now it seems like I live in a shoe box as craft has taken over my house! I still love cardmaking but lately scrapbooking has slightly
taken over! I have a big thing for beautiful papers and now have to buy at least 2 of each 1 to use and 1 to keep! I have just started Digital scrapping and love that too! Beautiful papers without the storage problems! and I can use them again and again!.....Heaven!

Here are some of Ali's gorgeous layouts!!

Magic Kingdom


Magic Kingdom is from our first Florida holiday! I cut a disney border, made a vellum pocket to keep the park map and embossed some tickets and made some mickey hats with punches.


Zoe joins the Parade


Zoe joins the parade is another from that holiday. She was asked to join in the parade and it is one of my favourite memories of that holiday. I took so many photos it had to be a double spread. I kept it very simple so I could tell the story with the photos. Unfortunately as this is when I first started scrapbooking I did actually use the only copies of these photos so I really hope this lasts a long time! Now of course I have gone to a digital camera so I can at least have as many copies as I like!


Fanta the Snake


Fanta the snake is one of my first LO's. My daughter Gemma helped me by drawing snake letters for me and I used snake skin effect vellum to cut them out.


I love Elephants


And finally my favourite Lo I have done lately is this one called I love elephants done for a challenge on From Screen 2 Scrap

Here is the link to Ali's blog
Please take the time and check it out!!

http://scrappy-ali.blogspot.com/

Ali has donated a RAK of goodies as a prize this month and will pick her own winner!!

Academy Award \

Great to have you as part of the team for the month Ali, make yourself at home :)


Cheers
Shazza

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Ali! I loved all the Florida Disney theme parks when I went a few years ago. Love your LO! Nice to have your here at ARTastic!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelee! It's lovely to be here!

    ReplyDelete