Pages

Sunday 3 October 2010

Megan's inspirational submission for October.....

Megan Vin - Be Free to be You


Hi Shazza!
Here's my entry for the Rupert Bunny Challenge. I've painted some pink roses as the background and journaled some words about my daughter and her very sensitive side. I dyed some tissue with food colourings and then layered it over the top. I then ripped it off in strips, to hopefully create an interesting texture. Then I copied some bird outlines in photoshop and printed and cut them out. I guess I was thinking about the old saying "Every rose has it's thorn".
Thanks for squizzing!
M

What a great arty piece Megan! Love the painted background and how you used rub-ons in the corners. The cut out birds using photoshop was a great idea! Love the photo of your daughter and the journaling is so heartfelt from mum :) She will love reading this when she looks back one day! Great first submission, Well done! - shazza

9 comments:

  1. Love the painted roses background... it is stunning! Love the photo too... your daughter has a gorgeous smile! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Megan, love the photo and also your rose painting. The rubons look great over the top

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love those painted roses Megan...fabulous! Wonderful photo, great title & lovely journalling. Love the feel of this page...special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow those roses are just gorgeous, I love the way you use paint, this is a very beautiful layout, very inspirational Megan. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Megan the roses really do out beautifully on your page. Such a lovely LO!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of white birds is see..lol..lovely page.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I told you yet how much I love your work???? Yes, I think I have LOL, but I'll say it again!!!! I love love love this! That painted background to me is perfection!! The journaling is heartfelt and touching. The birds are the perfect touch. The whole is just amazing. I'm in love...
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo... you had me at paint! LOVE those roses... & the birds. FAB page. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, I'm so sorry that I missed commenting on your awesome artsy LO! Love the rose-painted background and those great birds!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete