Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Come Meet our Guest DT member for the month of December.....

Karen B
 
Hi :)  My name is Karen, and I've been scrapbooking for almost seven years.  I live in a semi-rural area in south-east Queensland, Australia, with my husband, 10 year old daughter and two guinea pigs.  I work full time and to relax I enjoy gardening, sewing and scrapbooking.

I've been making albums and decorating journals with memorabilia since I was little, but I first started 12x12 scrapbooking in 2004 or 2005 when I needed an album for some special photographs.  I discovered a scrapbooking store with more papers than I ever imagined - "real" 12x12 scrapbooking products!  I sought out an online forum to find out more... and I've been out of control ever since!

What I love about scrapbooking, is that it ticks all the boxes.  It's a way to preserve my photographs and memories in a meaningful way; a creative outlet; it's tactile and fun; there's no rules!  I've been so fortunate to meet some wonderful people through scrapbooking, both online and in real life, who have become very dear friends. 

Thank you so much for having me as a guest designer at ARTastic this month!

I'd love you to visit me at http://beingkaren.blogspot.com
 
Here are some of Karens favourite layouts......
Each Day is a Gift

50
 
J and Mia 
and

Dance
 
Such beautiful pages Karen, I think my favourite is J and Mia (you have used beautiful soft colors and I always love a cat layout!)
 
Could everyone please make Karen welcome at ARTastic and dont forget to check out her blog and become a follower :)
Regards
Shazza
 

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Karen (waving). Love your work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you here Karen, & always great to see your scrapping pages too. Each one is fabulous, but my fave is Dance. What fab colours & textures & great photos!

    ReplyDelete