Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

January winners and our February 3T's ...

I will be announcing our January winners shortly but first I would like to introduce you to our February edition of Tips, Tricks and Techniques brought to you by team member Lizzy Hill.


Good morning my scrappy friends!

I'd like to share with you how I created this background, from my last month's ARTastic DT  layout.

Here's a reminder of the finished page:


 I'm hoping something from this tutorial will inspire you in your crafting:)

STEP ONE:

Coat your card with clear Gesso. I use Liquitex. 
Scribble on your Gelatos:

STEP TWO:
Using a water spray, mist over your Gelatos & smudge with your fingers.
Keep doing this until you're happy with the effect:

NOTE:
Your LO may 'curl up' - don't worry. We'll fix that later!

STEP THREE:
To get some texture for the sea, add the Molding Paste to your page,
then using bubble wrap, dab over it to create a bumpy look
Let dry:

STEP FOUR:
Add blue Gelato, in the same way as above:

STEP FIVE:
I used crackle paste over a stencil for the sunburst effect: 

I liked how it still allowed the colour to peep through underneath.
To finish the sunburst, once dry, I sponged over it using Distress ink.
Here's a close up:

A COUPLE OF OTHER TIPS:
Because this background was textured and bumpy, it was easier
to simply staple my bg layers of patterned paper to the card stock
then adhere my photo to this.
I have NEVER regretted buying my long arm stapler. They make
a fabulous birthday gift!!

TIP TWO:
When you've stapled or sewn through your card stock it makes it neat
& stops threads coming undone by simply covering with some masking
tape!

LAST TIP:
When you've finished 'playing' with your page, to 'uncurl' it & make it flat,
simply turn it over & using any wet medium - I use white gesso - 
paint the whole page. The 'push-pull' effect will uncurl your
LO beautifully:)

There you have it!
Thanks for reading this. I hope it helps in your 
creative journey.
And as always ~ Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥


and now onto our January winners .....

Thank you everyone for playing along with us last month  - we had SO many gorgeous inspiring entries - it made our selection of winners extremely difficult.

We were working from this beautiful painting called Bondi Scene by Isabelle May Tweddle and the Criteria was a Summer theme.


Karen Brierley is our winner of the prize pack from Kaisercraft.


Helena Wikman is our winner of the prize pack from Mystical Scrapbooks.



Our random draw winner of a lovely prize donated by myself is #8 Kristy Peterson.
IMG_6679

Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me on jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details.  You have until the announcement of the winners for next  month to do so. Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar.  Could I just remind everyone that while we welcome you combining with other challenges our limit is two - so ours plus two others only and this includes items you may have done as part of a DT.

Our Creative Team highlight from last month is Maria .  She will receive a little surprise something from me.



Don't forget to enter this month's ARTastic challenge.  All the details are in the left sidebar. Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 15th when we will have more delightful team inspiration to show you. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, cool :) Thank you so much!

    And thank you Lizzy for the tips - I'd never heard that last one about painting the back. Definitely going to try that with my next "messy" layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful winners and grinners...congrats girls and enjoy your goodies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thank you every much! I´m so happy that you liked my layout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Tutorial Lizzy and congrats to all the winners
    Mary

    ReplyDelete