Pages

Monday 15 February 2016

More February inspiration ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal. We are working with this wonderful painting by Cathy McClelland called Green Lorikeets.


CRITERIA is the use of PAINT on your work.



ANNA
I was inspired of the colors and the splatters. Started with a stencil and some modeling paste. I have painted the circles with water colors .

MARY
I have to say I don't find brights easy. I picked the photo of a ferris wheel at a carnival in Vienna as it had the colours in the painting on the flower . Carnivals are fun and bright and I thought it was about time I broke out the dylusions paints I brought at Camp Mojo last year.

TONE
 I was inspired by the red and blue colors.

KAREN
My inspiration came from all the colours of the rainblow.

KAT
For this challenge I was inspired by the parrots in the artwork and the painting technique to make a layout about my son 'parroting' me (i.e. copying me) when I play with paints. I've tried to capture the colours in the painting and have used painting-themed paper and embellishments.

ANGELIKA
I was inspired by the bright colors and the birds so I made painted feathers for my embellishments.

JANE
I was inspired by the bright and colourful randomness of the painting and a little of the bird theme :)


Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our February Guest Designer, the super talented Heather McMahon.

No comments:

Post a Comment