Pages

Friday 18 November 2016

Our November tutorial ...

Good Morning Friends,

It's me An'Jenic from An'Jenic Creative Space here to share a fun and easy tutorial with you all.  I wanted to create a Christmas gift for a loved one. Because let's face it the holidays are rolling in faster than you can blink your eyes. And with the holidays comes less time in the day. I know with me working, school, and the girls life it is so busy that I don't have time for much of anything. So I wanted to start on my Christmas gifts. I had this old frame I picked up and wanted to alter it. I knew the perfect picture. It's an old picture of my parents back in the 90s. It's fun to see old pictures of my parents. Here in this picture, they haven't changed much. They are sill beautiful as ever. Let's get started!!!

I decided to share with you all a step by step by creating in a college of what I did. Starting from the top row and going across to the right and down to the end.


Step1: Start by altering any frame you having using any medium. I chose Tim Holz distress ink. I really love the look of the distress ink on the wood. But again you can use any medium.

Picture #2 is just a close up of the frame fully covered with distress ink.

Step 2: Decide on which paper you would like on the inside of the frame. If you do not have a shadow box you can skip to the fun part of decorating just the frame itself or create a simple look by just adding flat items to your frame and leave the glass out like I did HERE. If you would like other ideas of how to altered frames visit me HERE and HERE on my blog. However, in this case, will decorating the inside of our framed box. 

Step 3: Distress the paper. You do not have to do this. I did because I wanted a vintage look.

Step 4: Mat photo using cardstock. I pick black because it will help my photo stand out against the other colors in the background and against the embellishments. 

Step 5: After matting the photo, glue down and begin to decorate around the photo. I decide to add a deer behind and just a tab bit in front of the photo. I love the 3D look it gives the deer. 

Step 6: Add other embellishments 

Step 7: You're done!!! Woo Hoo one easy gift down and ready to be wrapped. 

Well, one more final step. lol 

Step 8: Don't forget to take pictures of your hard work!!

Here's a full picture. I really love the way it turned out!! 


Thanks for visiting and Happy Crafting An'Jenic!! 

Don't forget to enter this month's ARTastic challenge. All the details are in the left sidebar. Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous....loooooove the 'vintage vibe' & the way you've created such a wonderful present:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete